VAN CRASHWORTHINESS AND AGGRESSIVITY STUDY, TEST REPORT 3, ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION STUDIES
A series of eight, full-scale van crash tests was conducted, six tests were van-to-fixed barrier and two tests were van-to-car head-on collisions. The report presents data gathered for the Accident Investigation Division (AID) of the National Center for Statistics and Analysis. The data was gathered to obtain information on various impact modes and vehicle types through staged collisions for use in the CRASH 2 computer program. Vehicle and accident scene information from each test was collected for the purpose of improving crash phase reconstruction programs used in field studies. The information collected includes documentation of crash trajectory residual crush and tire marks for each vehicle in each test.
- See also Test Report 1, PB81-132318, HS-805 613 and HS-805 616.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ USA 85027
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Yee, R
- Pirtle, R
- Thatcher, C
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 109 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Barriers (Roads); Collisions; Computer programs; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashworthiness; Data collection; Head on collisions; Impact tests; Information processing; Loss and damage; Moments of inertia; Motor vehicles; Research; Simulation; Vans; Vehicle trajectories
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Trajectories
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328370
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3052-79-114 Final Rpt., HS-805 617
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM