VAN CRASHWORTHINESS AND AGGRESSIVITY STUDY TEST REPORT I, VAN-TO-NHTSA FIXED TEST DEVICE HEAD-ON IMPACT TESTS, VOLUME I
A series of eight full-scale van crash tests was conducted. The report presents the results of six symmetric, head-on Van-to-NHTSA Fixed Test Device crash tests. Two different model vans were crashed at test speeds of 15, 25, and 30 mph. Tests 3052-1 through 3052-3 were conducted using 1979 Ford E-150 Econoline Vans, while Tests 3052-4 through 3052-6 were conducted using 1979 Dodge B-200 Vans. The objective of these tests was to study the aggressivity of vans, to provide baseline test data to support extension of FMVSS 208 to vans, and to provide initial information for the future FMVSS 400 series standards upgrading. This report contains all test results which include still photographs, dimensions, accelerometer location identification summaries of electronic data, and summaries of simulated occupant data.
- See also Test Report 3, PB81-132326, HS-805 617 and HS-805 616.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ United States 85027
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yee, R
- Cropper, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggression; Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Frontal crashes; Impact tests; Motor vehicles; Research; Safety engineering; Vans
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328369
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3052-79-95B/1449 Final Rpt., HS-805 613
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1982 12:00AM