DES MOINES AREA TRANSIT STUDY (DATS)
The study analyzes transit service and needs in the Des Moines, Iowa, urban area. The study was designed to provide equitable and practical immediate action and short-range improvement programs, guidelines for long-range transit planning. The present status of public transportation is examined. Land use and population data were developed, and transit characteristics and patterns discerned. Continuance of present operations without assistance, a municiple operation, a metropolitan transit authority, or payment of direct subsidy to the private owner are considered alternatives.
- Prepared in cooperation with Alan M. Voorhees and Associates, Inc., St. Louis, Mo.
Des Moines City Plan and Zoning CommissionDes Moines, IA United States
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 226 p.
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054541
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt, UMTA-IA-09-0003
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 2003 12:00AM