Skyddsanordningar och förhandsinformation vid fast vägarbete på motorväg : effekter på fordonshastighet och körfältsbyte(PROTECTIVE DEVICES AND PRELIMINARY INFORMATION ON PERMANENT ROAD WORKS ON MOTORWAYS. EFFECTS ON VEHICLE SPEED AND LANE CHANGING)
Present methods for reducing vehicle speeds in conjunction with road works are insufficient with regard to demands on road worker protection and traffic safety. The National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute investigated how the following warning systems influence speeds and lane changing: A section change sign indicating which lane is free along the road works; A narrower land (3.15 m) with two different entrances at the beginning of the road works; and A large cone (plinth) replacing the normal cones. These warning systems have been combined in different ways. When narrower lanes the speed limit along the road works was 110 km/h against 50 km/h in other cases. The results with regard to speed and lane changing were compared with the results obtained with signs agreeing with the recommendations of the National Swedish Road Safety Office.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract and Summary in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
- Öberg, Gudrun
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Highway transportation; Roads; Traffic safety; Warning systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00328342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-179
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM