FOSTERING URBAN TRANSPORTATION ACTIVITIES IN UNIVERSITIES: RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION ADMINISTRATION
The study is the outcome of the exploration an UMTA commissioned study team at George Washington University (GWU) to undertake an investigation of the possibilities of university-based centers for urban transportation. After discussion of scope and method of approach, findings and recommendations are put forth. Among findings is that UMTA grants to universities have significantly increased the amount of research produced and students trained in the field of urban transportation. Also found was that whether a university is public or private has little relevance to its ability to serve as a resource for a region larger than a single state, although other institutional characteristics may affect this ability.
George Washington Transportation Research Institute. Center for Intelligent Systems Research,
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Research; Studies; Universities and colleges; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Study analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00054540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt, UMTA-DC-11-0004
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 2003 12:00AM