SAMBAND MELLAN FLOEDE, KONCENTRATION OCH OLYCKOR PA STRAECKOR - EN TEORETISK DISKUSSION (ON RELATIONS BETWEEN FLOW, CONCENTRATION AND ACCIDENTS ON ROAD STRETCHES. A THEORETICAL STUDY)
The number of accidents on a road stretch is highly dependent on the volume of traffic. The amount of dangerous traffic situations (e.g. meetings and overtakings) and the distribution between free vehicles and vehicles in queues change as the flow and concentration of the traffic change. Two analytic models of traffic, one isoveloxic and one equilibrium model, are used to study these relations. Using simple models that connects traffic situation with accident types, the expected numbers of meeting and overtaking accidents and single accidents are calculated.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Svensson, A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Roads; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00328341
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-175
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM