SKYDDSSYSTEM FOER BARN I BILAR. FOERAELDRARS MONTERING AV BILBARNSTOLAR OCH FOERSLAG TILL NYA BILBARNSTOLSINSTRUKTIONER (CHILD RESTRAINT SYSTEMS FOR CHILDREN. PARENTS INSTALLATION OF CHILD SEATS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW INSTRUCTIONS)
As part of a series of studies investigating the use of rearward-facing car child seats, a study was carried out in which problems in connection with the installation of the seats were investigated. The study consisted of both questionnaires sent to approximately 2,000 parents having children in day nurseries and an experiment in which 21 parents attempted to install (under observation) different types of approved seats. The experiment, with which this report is concerned, was carried out in two phases: (1) The installation of the subjects' own seat in their own car, and (2) the installation of three other approved seats, which was done in cars of the same make as the subjects' own car. The purpose of the experiment was two-fold: (1) To study ways in which the instructions for the installation could be improved, and (2) to gain information concerning ways in which the attachment of the seat could be simplified, which could be passed on to seat manufacturers.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in Swedish and English.
- Arnberg, P W
- Ercisson, A L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Building; Children; Facilities; Guidelines; Installation; Questionnaires; Safety; Seats
- Subject Areas: Construction; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00328332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-122
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM