RISK EXPOSURES. STRUCTURING OF THE NEED FOR RISK EXPOSURE DATA FOR TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS ANALYSIS
In the continuous research and development work, carried out at the National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute, different measurements for road accidents are tested in order to find measurements to be used in different decision procedures, intended to result in measures. The first requirement is that the accident measurements shall allow relevant comparisons between different groups of road-users and/or different road and traffic conditions. When developing accident measurements it is essential to define and to deduce traffic measurements, that show strong correlations with the number of accidents. These traffic measurements are called risk exposures.
- Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
- Nilsson, G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Guidelines; Hazards; Highway traffic; Measurement; Risk assessment; Roads; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Translations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00328331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-144-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM