EVALUATION OF STUD WELDING SYSTEM FOR ALUMINUM HIGHWAY SIGNS
A pneumatic welding system was evaluated by physical testing and macroscopic examination of the welds. The system developed welds of superior strength than the previously used system due to the nature of the aluminum alloy stud employed. The results indicated that satisfactory welds could be achieved within a prescribed range with proper care and inspection. Some problems and shortcomings of the system were observed and investigated.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C.
Baltimore, MD United States 21202
- Weisner, J P
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 59 p.
- Accession Number: 00054539
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM