HAVERIUNDERSOEKNINGAR - EN LITTERATURSTUDIE OCH EN REDOVISNING AV HAVERIUNDERSOEKNINGAR AV VAEGTRAFIKOLYCKOR I DE NORDISKA LAENDERNA (MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS - A LITERATURE SURVEY AND AN ACCOUNT OF MULTIDISCIPLINARY INVESTIGATIONS OF ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS IN THE NORDIC COUNTRIES),
In the Nordic Road Safety Council's project Methods for the Collection and Presentation of Accident Data (MIRO) a literature survey has been performed concerning multidisciplinary investigations of road accidents. This study has been one of three sub-projects in the first phase of the MIRO-project. After an introductory, short historical outline various aspects are presented concerning the design and performance of projects with multidisciplinary accident investigations. This regards background, objectives and different factors which have influenced project design - e.g. methodological questions - and the extent to which this is described and discussed in reports in this area. Further aspects dealt with in the study are the composition of the investigation group, methodology for alarm, mobilization and work on the accident scene, collection of data, data processing and analysis, presentation and utilization of results. Costs and administrative problems in connection with multidisciplinary accident investigations concludes this part.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
Linkoeping UniversityLinkoeping, Sweden
- ENGLUND, A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Information processing; Methodology; Personnel; Project management; Strategic planning; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00328322
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-170
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM