AUTOMATISK VAEDERSTATION MED VERBAL INFORMATIONSOEVERFOERING (AUTOMATIC WEATHER STATION WITH SPEECH OUTPUT)
In order to provide road maintenance departments with information on current weather conditions at parts of the road system particularly exposed to skidding risks, a device has been produced which records meteorological data of special relevance, such as air and ground temperature and humidity. Meteorological data are recorded at certain preselected intervals of time (for example, every half hour) and the last eight readings are retained in a memory. The information is accessible via the telephone network and is given in verbal form, so that no special equipment is required in order to receive it.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Olaus Magnus vaeg 35
Linkoeping, Sweden SE-581 95
Linkoeping UniversityLinkoeping, Sweden
- FREDEN, S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric temperature; Data communications; Delta functions; Digital computers; Highways; Humidity; Maintenance; Recording; Skid resistance; Telephone equipment; Translations; Weather stations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Digital techniques; Observations
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Delta modulation; Recording systems; Weather communication
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00328318
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-183
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM