THE TRAFFIC ENVIRONMENT OF PRESCHOOL CHILDREN IN SWEDEN
A survey of nearly 300 preschools in Sweden with 10,000 children has recently been carried out. Responses to questionnaires sent out to preschool personnel (response rate of 95%) and the children's parents (response rate of 70%) have provided information concerning, among other areas, the traffic environment surrounding the preschools and the children's mode of transportation and route to/from school. Time of the year as well as the effect of where in Sweden the preschool was located were studied. Accidents and near accidents were also studied during the period January, 1977, to May, 1978.
- Pub. in proceedings of a paper presented to the Symposium of Safety of Pedestrians and Cyclists in Paris, France, May 14-16, 1979.
- Arnberg, P W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Children; Crashes; Education; Hazards; Prevention; Questionnaires; Risk assessment; Routes; Safety; Schools; Traffic safety; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00328311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/SAERTRYCK-44
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM