TRAFIKSAEKERHETEN PA STOERRE TRAFIKLEDER I TAETORT (TRAFFIC SAFETY AT TRAFFIC JUNCTIONS IN HEAVILY POPULATED AREAS)
The investigation comprises police-reported accidents in 1975 and 1976. Data on accident frequency, distribution on accident type, number of injured and accidents consequence has been provided for each junction and road stretches between junctions. Traffic flow data have been obtained from local authority counts. As measures of traffic safety accident rate, number of accidents per million kilometers of pair of axles, and injury rate, number of injured and killed per million kilometers of pair of axles, have been used. The report also presents a method for the calculation of accident rate on short stretches in urban areas.
- Text in Swedish. Summary in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Olaus Magnus vaeg 35
Linkoeping, Sweden SE-581 95
- CEDERSUND, H A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Intersections; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic surveys; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00328292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-172
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM