MAETNING AV BRAENSLEFOERBRUKNING PA LANDSVAEG: EFFEKTSTUDIER VID OLIKA VAEG- OCH TRAFIKMILJOEER (MEASUREMENT OF FUEL CONSUMPTION ON COUNTRY ROADS: STUDY OF EFFECTS OF DIFFERENT ROAD AND TRAFFIC SITUATIONS)
Fuel-consumption in motor-vehicles has been examined in different road and traffic conditions. Field-measurements with a car on rural roads has resulted in connections between fuel-consumption and the following variables: speed, gradient, horizontal curvature, pavement and queue position. For lorries the effect of gradient on fuel consumption was examined by means of a calculation-model. The model was used for calculating fuel consumption for various weight, speed and gradient.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- Hammarström, Ulf
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Fuel consumption; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Motor vehicles; Slopes; Velocity; Weight
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Old TRIS Terms: Weight mass
- Subject Areas: Energy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00328291
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-181
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM