YRKESFOERARUTBILDNINGEN INFOER 1980-TALET. RESULTAT FRAN GRUPPDISKUSSIONER MED LAERARE INOM YRKESFOERARUTBILDNINGEN INOM GYMNASIESKOLA OCH ARBETSMARKNADSUTBILDNING (PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TRAINING FOR THE 1980'S. OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES OF PROFESSIONAL DRIVER TEACHERS),
Some current issues in the field of professional driver training were discussed by 214 teachers in 28 groups. Each group worked in two sessions on two conference days. Referring to the experience of most teachers the objectives of the present driver training course are not fulfilled. The training enables most driving students to get their license, but this is done at the expense of the more professional aspects of the instruction. Most teachers consider the present 13 weeks course too short. The future requirements of the professional drivers are expected to develop into further specialization. Most teachers think that a basic training course aiming at a broad competence, followed by a number of shorter supplementary courses for specialization, would be the best design of professional driver training. The basic and the supplementary courses should add to 20-25 weeks as a minimum, according to most teachers.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract in Swedish and English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6049.
- SPOLANDER, K
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Drivers; Instructors; Meetings; Professional personnel; Specialized training; Strategic planning
- Geographic Terms: Sweden
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00328284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-196
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM