PROV MED HASTIGHETSDAEMPANDE GUPP I VAEGBANAN PA TRE GATOR I GOETEBORG (SPEED REDUCING BUMPS. TESTS IN THREE STREETS IN GOTHENBURG)
Speed reducing bumps were installed in the streets of three different types of residential areas. The vehicle speeds were reduced considerably while the variation of speed was increased. Regarding noise, pedestrian behaviour and vibrations in the ground and in house foundations the effects were very small. From answers to a questionnaire distributed to the domestic areas close to the places of installation were found that people in general approved of the bumps.
- Text in Swedish. Abstract and Summary in English. Also pub. as ISSN-0347-6030.
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Olaus Magnus vaeg 35
Linkoeping, Sweden SE-581 95
Linkoeping UniversityLinkoeping, Sweden
- PETTERSSON, H E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway transportation; Noise; Pedestrians; Questionnaires; Speed control; Streets; Traffic safety; Urban areas; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise sound
- Subject Areas: Environment; Pedestrians and Bicyclists;
- Accession Number: 00328254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-176
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM