MODELING, SIMULATION AND VERIFICATION OF IMPACT DYNAMICS. VOLUME 4. THREE DIMENSIONAL PLASTIC HINGE FRAME SIMULATION MODULE
The report describes the development of a computer program for modeling three dimensional large plastic deformation response of general frame structures. It is designed to serve as a preliminary version of a general component module in the overall simulation of vehicle impact. The analysis is based on the extension of the plastic hinge concept to the three dimensional deformation of beams. The main body of the report covers the theoretical analysis, comparison of theory with basic verification tests, and the qualification study which compares computed results with the results of a crush test of a production vehicle frame. In addition, the Appendix contains a Program User's Guide and a complete listing of the current version of the program.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $14.00/set of 4 reports as PB-229 224-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- McIvor, I K
- Wineman, A S
- Anderson, W J
- WANG, H C
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 187 p.
- Accession Number: 00054531
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-BI-73-4-4 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-2-481
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM