LIGHT TRUCK AGGRESSIVITY STUDY. TEST REPORT 1. TRUCK-TO-CAR HEAD-ON IMPACT TESTS
A series of seven full-scale truck-to-car crash tests was conducted. This report presents the results of Tests No. 3051-1 and No. 3051-2, head-on, symmetric, truck-to-car collisions. Two 1979 Chevrolet C-10, 8-foot, full-bed, 8-cylinder, pickup trucks were used for the tests. The car used in Test No. 3051-1 was a 1978 Plymouth Horizon 4-door sedan. The car used in Test No. 3051-2 was a 1979 Chevrolet Impala 4-door sedan. The object of these tests is to provide truck-to-car collision data. The crash test data from this program will be used to study the aggressivity of light trucks compared to passenger cars, support current vehicle standards, and provide information to upgrade future standards.
- See also HS-805 596, HS-805 608, and HS-805 609.
Dynamic Science1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ USA 85027
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Yee, R
- Cropper, R
- Davis, S
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Head on collisions; Impact tests; Light trucks; Research; Standards; Traffic crashes; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00328232
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3051-78-174A Final Rpt., HS-805 607
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-8-01942
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1982 12:00AM