FIRST INTERIM ANALYSIS OF FIRST OFFENDER TREATMENT EFFECTIVENESS
The report is the first interim analysis concerning the effectiveness of the CDUI Project's education programs for first offender DUI's. Treatment effectiveness was assessed in terms of recorded accidents, DUI offenses, and total moving violations occurring subsequent to random assignment. Survival analysis was used to compare control, home study, and in-class education groups. Comparisons were made for the total research sample (all assigned as of October, 1979), for two age subgroups, and three diagnostic subgroups (drinking problem severity). A comparison was also made between the research sample and a sample of non-volunteers to assess ability to generalize results.
- See also HS-805 586 and HS-805 587.
Sacramento County Health DepartmentComp Driving Under Influence Alcohol Offender Treat Dem Proj
Sacramento, CA USA 95814
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Reis Jr, R E
- Davis, L A
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholism; Behavior; Drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Measures of effectiveness; Recidivism; Specialized training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Treatment; Treatment programs
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00328221
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CDUI-IE-80-1 Intrm Rpt., HS-805 577
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01414
- Files: HSL, NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1982 12:00AM