ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION: INFORMATION SOURCEBOOK
The document, intended as an introduction to information sources on elderly and handicapped transportation, includes the following five chapters: (1) Federal Agency Contacts, which lists Federal agencies that provide assistance with respect to various aspects of transportation for elderly and handicapped persons and agency contacts. (2) Interest Group Contacts, which lists interest groups that are concerned with the provision of transportation for elderly and handicapped persons and interest group contacts. (3) Vehicle Manufacturers, which lists manufacturers of lift-equipped and nonlift-equipped vehicles. (4) Selected Approaches to Providing Transportation for Elderly and Handicapped Persons, which includes brief descriptions of 10 local approaches to providing transportation for elderly and handicapped persons. (5) Annotated Bibliography, which presents a selection of material that has been published on various aspects of transportation for elderly and handicapped persons.
Public Technology, Incorporated1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Aged; Bibliographies; Directories; Federal assistance programs; Industries; Level of service; Organizations; Paratransit services; Persons with disabilities; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lifts; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Platforms
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00327769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-79-31 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-05-80076
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM