DOWNTOWN PEOPLE MOVER DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM. IMPACT ASSESSMENT PLAN: A GUIDE TO LOCAL EVALUATIONS
The purpose of the Downtown People Mover (DPM) program is to demonstrate, in the downtown setting, the feasibility of a form of automated guideway transit (AGT) technology known as Shuttle Loop Transit (SLT). The DPM program provides experience in the operation of SLT systems and serves as a basis for planning future urban applications of people mover technology. The report is a guide for the evaluation of DPM projects. Areas covered include the scope of the local evaluations, the schedule of evaluation activities, and the evaluation organization and administration. The DPM evaluations cover two basic areas of assessment: operational performance and system impacts.
- Supersedes PB-270 614.
Cambridge Systematics, Incorporated100 Cambridge Park Drive, Suite 400
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Laube, M
- Neumann, L
- Ruiter, E
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Central business districts; Evaluation; Feasibility analysis; Level of service; Operations; People movers; Performance; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00327755
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 79034.01 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0177-80-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-90074
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1984 12:00AM