Pletharrays for aeroacoustic phased array applications
“Pletharrays” are introduced, motivated, and presented for application to aeroacoustic phased array measurements. Pletharrays contain a plethora of arrays composed from a modest to high number of array elements to field a remarkably large number of high element count arrays for use in noise source imaging applications. Pletharrays that have been deployed for closed jet transonic wind tunnel, static engine ground, open jet wind tunnel, and flyover phased array tests are presented. Tremendous array element leverage to provide extensive measurement flexibility and fidelity are demonstrated.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/1475472X
- © 2017 James R. Underbrink.
- Underbrink, James R
- Publication Date: 2017-7
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 202-229
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Aircraft noise; Jet engines; Phased arrays; Wind tunnels
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01722723
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 24 2019 4:55PM