EVALUATION OF NOTCH SENSITIVITY OF MILD STEEL SHIP PLATE BY DIRECT EXPLOSION TEST
An investigation was made to determine whether variation in welding procedure, primarily welding electrodes, had an appreciable effect on the notch sensitivity of the finished joint and whether this effect was comparable to that produced by a difference in the quality of the prime plate.
Metallurgical Research & Development Co., Inc1730 M Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Mikhalapov, G S
- Publication Date: 1951-3-15
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrodes; Fracture mechanics; Metals; Notching (Cutting); Plate bearing test; Steel; Steel plates; Strength of materials; Toughness; Welding; Welds
- Identifier Terms: Ship Structure Committee
- Uncontrolled Terms: Notch sensitivity
- Old TRIS Terms: Notch toughness; Ship plates; Welding electrodes; Welding procedures; Welding rods
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00327686
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SSC- 43 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NOBS-50464, NOBS-50148
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM