THE STATE OF URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND DEMONSTRATION. VOLUME VI: SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
A description of intermodal integration is offered, and general forms of transport-integration discussed. Administrative integration, mergers, formation of a consortium, association or operating company, route section association, work sharing, limited agreements and special purpose cooperation are presented. Scope of service integration is put forth and combined fares, community fares and schedule and route coordination discussed. Terminals, equipment, standardization of fare collection equipment, passenger information and integration through dual mode technology are included. Examples of transport integration in major U.S. cities and foreign activities are discussed.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $20.00/set of 6 reports as PB-229 438-SET.
Institute for Defense AnalysesSystems Evaluation Division
Arlington, VA United States
- Kamrass, M
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Research projects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00054517
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM