TRENDS IN TRANSPORTATION REGULATIONS: RAILS, BUSES, TRUCKS
State transportation officials had an opportunity to meet and discuss contemporary problems at the Second Transportation Regulation Conference, co-sponsored by the Iowa and Minnesota Departments of Transportation, September 19-20, 1977. Too frequently the day-to-day work of state regulators prevent an analysis of issues affecting a state's transportation network. This conference was an attempt to bridge this gap through a series of presentations on railroads, the intercity bus industry and motor carriers. Informal discussions among the participants presented an opportunity to see how others are coping with the constantly changing and complex structure of the common carriers and their relationship to regulatory agencies.
- Prepared in cooperation with Iowa Dept. of Transportation, Des Moines.
St Paul, MN United States 55155
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Buses; Common carriers; Competition; Conferences; Freight transportation; Intercity bus lines; Meetings; Passenger transportation; Railroads; Regulations; State government; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Trend (Statistics); Trucks
- Geographic Terms: Iowa; Minnesota
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00327527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM