THE STATE OF URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND DEMONSTRATION. VOLUME IV: RAIL TRANSIT
The report, contains an overview of rail systems: state-of-the-art in rapid transit and research requirements are discussed. Appendices are 'Evaluation of the Rapid Transit Extention to Cleveland's Airport' and 'Impact of the Proposed Allegany County Transit Expressway.' Survey of recent trends and UMTA RD and D projects in commuter rail transit follows, with a discussion of impact and potential. Appendix entitled, 'GO Transit: A New Approach to Urban Technology.' Rail systems and technology topics include vehicles and equipment, electrification, train protection and system control, communications, fare collection, shop facilities, track, and personal security. Discussion of foreign rail developments includes numerous cities throughout world. References are furnished.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $20.00/set of 6 reports as PB-229 438-SET.
Institute for Defense AnalysesSystems Evaluation Division
Arlington, VA USA
Systems Evaluation Div.,
- Kamrass, M
- Stabler, E
- KLAUDER, L T
- Ugel, S F
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Research projects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00054516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM