DIOXINS. VOLUME II. ANALYTICAL METHOD FOR INDUSTRIAL WASTES
The overall objective of this research project was to develop a unified analytical approach for use in quantifying ppt levels of tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxins (TCDD's) in various chemical wastes. Waste samples from plants manufacturing trichlorophenol, pentachlorophenol, and hexachlorophene, and from processing wood preservatives were provided by the EPA. The extraction procedure developed for isolating the TCDD's from the various types of sample matrices is fully described. Analysis was accomplished using highly specific and sensitive coupled gas chromatographic-mass spectrometric (GC-MS) methods. Both low and high resolution MS techniques were employed. This methodology is also described in detail. The procedures presented in this report were acceptable for most of the industrial process samples provided.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E13, PB80-220064.
Pedco-Environmental Specialists, Incorporated11499 Chester Road
Cincinnati, OH USA 45246
Environmental Protection AgencyIndustrial Environmental Research Laboratory
Cincinnati, OH USA 45268
- Tiernan, T O
- Taylor, M L
- Erk, S D
- Solch, J G
- Van Ness, G
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Environmental protection; Gas chromatography; Hazardous materials; Industrial wastes; Manufacturing; Mass spectroscopes; Phenol; Pollution; Quantitative analysis; Resource extraction; Waste disposal; Wood preservatives
- Uncontrolled Terms: Extraction (Chemistry)
- Old TRIS Terms: Mass spectroscopy
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00327388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-600/2-80-157 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-2659
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM