THE STATE OF URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND DEMONSTRATION. VOLUME I: SUMMARY
The study is intended to: (1) Summarize, aggregate, and extract the essense of results of research, development, and demonstration (RD and D) projects, transit innovations and recent urban experiences; (2) develop categorization of subject matter in the field of Urban Mass Transportation RD and D; (3) identify and discuss major areas of insufficient knowledge in each category; (4) access the relative importance of overcoming the identified deficiencies; and, (5) develop recommendations for the continuation of or enlarged emphasis on previous or ongoing UMTA RD and D program areas. The six volumes are: Summary, UMTA RD and D Findings and Projects, Bus Transit, Rail Transit, New Systems, and Systems Analysis.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $20.00/set of 6 reports as PB-229 438-SET.
Institute for Defense AnalysesSystems Evaluation Division
Arlington, VA United States
Systems Evaluation Div.,
- Buck, P B
- Kamrass, M
- Margolis, H
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Research projects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00054514
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1974 12:00AM