DYNAMIC ANALYSIS TO ESTABLISH NORMAL SHOCK AND VIBRATION OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL SHIPPING PACKAGES
A computer program MARCS (Model Analysis of a Rail Car-Cask System) was written to perform a modal analysis on the systems represented by the CARDT and CARDS (Cask-Rail Car Dynamic Simulator) models. Parameters generated by MARCS will be used to generate frequency response spectra. A preliminary evaluation of the performance of CARDS was made by comparing calculated results with response variables measured during Test 3 of the series of tests conducted at the Savannah River Laboratories, Aiken, SC.
Hanford Engineering Development LaboratoryBuilding 337, ERDA
Richland, WA United States 99352
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionDivision of Safeguards, Fuel Cycle and Environmental Research
Washington, DC United States 20555
- Fields, S R
- Mech, S J
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Containers; Crash tests; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Impacts; Radioactive materials; Railroad transportation; Ride quality; Shock (Mechanics); Vehicle dynamics; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00327156
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HEDL-TME-80-24 Prog Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM