NOX NATIONAL EMISSION INVENTORY ESTIMATES
This report presents the current and projected estimates of the national emissions inventory for oxides of nitrogen (NOx). A description of the methodology used to calculate the inventory is also provided. These inventories were used in the acid rain analysis performed in support of the Draft Regulatory Analysis, Environmental Impact Statement and Nox Pollutant Specific Study for Proposed Gaseous Emission for 1985 and Later Model Year Light Duty Trucks and Heavy Duty Engines. The emphasis of this report is on the projected change in national NOx emissions from 1977 to 1999. The impact of the proposed regulations on rain acidity is assumed to be proportional to total NOx emissions. While the inventories were used to support the draft regulatory analysis, they can also be used independently since an inventory is presented for the currently promulgated regulations as well as for the proposed regulations.
Environmental Protection AgencyTest and Evaluation Branch, 2565 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Wolcott, M
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Acids; Air pollution; Air pollution sources; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Exhaust gases; Heavy vehicles; Inventory; Light trucks; Motor vehicles; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Rainfall; Regulations
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Inventory models
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00327078
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-TEB-80-19 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM