AUTOMOTIVE ABSORPTION AIR CONDITIONER UTILIZING SOLAR AND MOTOR WASTE HEAT
An absorption cycle air conditioning system for use as a space cooling system in an electrically powered motor vehicle is disclosed. The system is of a lightweight design and has a capability for achieving vehicular space cooling with minimal attendant power requirements. The system is adapted to utilize solar and motor waste heat.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
National Aeronautics and Space AdministrationNASA Pasadena Office
Pasadena, CA USA 91103
- Popinski, Z
- Publication Date: 1980-7-30
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Absorption; Air conditioning systems; Cooling systems; Electric vehicles; Heat; Lightweight materials; Patent applications; Refrigerants; Solar collectors; Solar energy; Solar power generation; Wastes
- Old TRIS Terms: Waste energy utilization
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00326687
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-6-173 519, NASA-CASE-NPO-15183
- Contract Numbers: NAS7-100
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM