SURVEY OF CURRENT STATE RADIOLOGICAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE CAPABILITIES FOR TRANSPORTATION RELATED INCIDENTS
The volume is the final report of a project to survey current state radiological emergency response capabilities for transportation related incidents. The survey was performed to provide the NRC with information useful in the development of guidelines for state organizations and planning for emergency response. The report includes the results of a mail and telephone survey of state emergency response officials; information gleaned from radiological emergency response plans and related official document; and some general conclusions and recommendations drawn in part from interviews conducted and site visits to selected states.
Indiana University, Bloomington107 S Indiana Avenue
Bloomington, IN United States 47405
Nuclear Regulatory CommissionDivision of Engineering Standards
Washington, DC United States 20555
- Mitter, E L
- HUME, R D
- Vilardo, F
- Feigenbaum, E
- Briggs, H
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Development; Disasters and emergency operations; Guidelines; Hazardous materials; Hazards and emergency operations; Planning; Radioactive materials; Standards; State government; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00326571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM