RAILROAD ACCIDENT REPORTS - BRIEF FORMAT, ISSUE NUMBER 1, 1979
The publication contains briefs of selected railroad accidents occurring in U.S. railroad operations during fiscal years 1977 and 1978. The brief format presents basic facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause (s) in each instance. Additional statistical information is tabulated by types of accidents and casualties related to types of accidents, carriers involved, and casual factors.
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Accident Investigation, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1980-9-5
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Common carriers; Crash data; Crash reports; Crashes; Derailments; Human factors; Railroad grade crossings; Railroads; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Trespassers
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00326506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/RAB-80-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM