IMPLICATIONS OF BART'S (BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT'S) IMPACTS FOR THE TRANSPORTATION DISADVANTAGED
The project has examined the implications of the impacts that the 71 mile Bay Area Rapid Transit System has had to date on the transportation disadvantaged. Three special population groups are the focus of analysis -- ethnic minorities, the elderly and handicapped. These groups are of special concern for transportation planning and policy because of either low-income status or mobility related impairments. This report integrates the study of BART's impacts on the transportation disadvantaged in each of four major impact areas examined in previous interim project reports -- environmental, mobility, economic and land use. Findings are reported from the investigation of twenty-three issues related to the entire range of BART's impacts on the transportation disadvantaged. Evaluation of these findings is made in the context of the level, nature, and degree of equity in the incidence of BART's economic impacts.
- Also pub. as Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC. rept. no. HUD-0001642. Prepared by Urban Dynamics Associates, San Francisco, CA.
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionAshby Avenue and Domingo Avenue
Berkeley, CA United States 94705
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Donnelly, R
- Arguelles, J
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Economic impacts; Ethnic groups; Minorities; Mobility; Persons with disabilities; Rapid transit; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning; Travel; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Economics; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00326476
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-P-30-79-12 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30176
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1982 12:00AM