THE LOCAL IMPLICATIONS OF BART (BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT) DEVELOPMENT
The report presents the final results of the Local Policy Implications Work Element. The report assesses whether BART has achieved the original objectives of local communities. The report also outlines local policy implications in the form of practical guidelines for local government officials either considering an investment in rapid rail transit or in the process of designing and constructing a rapid rail transit system. Implications are presented for each of nine original community objectives for the BART system. This material is further organized into five chapters relating to major areas of local policy--transportation, land use, finance, economic development and environment.
- Also pub. as Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC. rept. no. HUD-0001643. Prepared by Booz-Allen and Hamilton, Inc., San Francisco, CA.
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionAshby Avenue and Domingo Avenue
Berkeley, CA United States 94705
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Graebner, L S
- Giles, P B
- Higgins, T J
- Jonash, R S
- Curtis, E
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Economic development; Environmental impacts; Financing; Government funding; Land use; Local government; Policy; Public transit; Rapid transit; Strategic planning; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Communties; Government policies; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-P-30-79-11 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30176
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1982 12:00AM