CONSTRUCTION ZONE DELINEATION (RAISED PAVEMENT MARKERS)
The problem of safely carrying traffic through construction and maintenance zones is becoming increasingly more complex. The contractor must coordinate his activities to maintain normal traffic flow and provide positive guidance so that accident potential situations are kept to a minimum. Raised reflective pavement markers provide excellent wet weather and nightime reflection and appear to be an effective means of maintaining safe traffic flow. This study evaluates the use of raised reflective pavement markers as a means of providing improved delineation through construction zones.
- See also PB80-130438.
Little Rock, AR United States 72203
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Spencer, L J
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Highway traffic control; Installation; Pavements; Reflectivity; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Visibility; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Markers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00326466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8899
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM