REPORT OF THE INTERAGENCY AD HOC WORK GROUP FOR THE CHEMICAL WASTE INCINERATOR SHIP PROGRAM
The United States is faced with a serious and massive hazardous materials disposal problem. The public health and the nation's environment are being threatened by the accumulation of uncontrolled, ever increasing volumes of hazardous waste. Incineration at sea aboard specially designed or modified ships has been demonstrated to be a safe, effective, and environmentally acceptable means for the destruction of liquid hazardous organic chemical wastes. The Interagency Ad Hoc Work Group for the Chemical Waste Incinerator Ship Program was established in February 1980 to conduct a study of at-sea incineration technology and to examine various alternatives available to the Federal Government leading to the design, construction, and operation of the findings of the Interagency Ad Hoc Work Group for the Chemical Waste Incinerator Ship Program.
- Sponsored in part by Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC., Coast Guard, Washington, DC., and National Bureau of Standards, Washington, DC.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20460
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Equipment; Hazardous materials; Hazardous wastes; Incinerators; Performance evaluations; Safety; Ships; Technology; Waste disposal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard incinerators; Waste incinerators
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00326413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SC-700-81022 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM