DRUGS AND DRIVING: A SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. SUPPLEMENT TWO
The report presents a bibliography of literature dealing primarily with the relationship of drug use (other than alcohol alone) and highway safety. This volume is the third of a series of annotated bibliographies designed to provide ready access to archival, technical, and popular publications. This supplement updates previous bibliographic reports and continues coverage of research areas that support the development and application of methods to study the drug and driving problem. This report provides a detailed description of the scope and method of the literature search and review effort that resulted in this compilation. The bibliography consists of four appendices, including a Tropical Index, an Author Index, a Title Index, and an Abstract Index, which contains approximately six hundred abstracts of the selected publications. A revised topical index provides access to abstracts according to type of publication, area of drug and driving research, methods applied in research on drugs and highway safety, drugs and classes of drugs. Within the topical index, drugs are cross-indexed by generic and trade names. A drug classification scheme is provided.
- Record URL:
- The parent volume is HS-802 188; Supp 1 is HS-803 879; Supp. 3 is HS-805 519.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Veldkamp, M B
- Donelson, A C
- JOSCELYN, K B
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 446 p.
- TRT Terms: Alertness; Attention; Behavior; Bibliographies; Drivers; Drugs; Drunk driving; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Human factors; Prevention; Reviews; Safety; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00326411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-80-45 Final Rpt., HS-805 520
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01530
- Files: HSL, NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 19 1982 12:00AM