RAIL CAR COMPONENT DEFECT DETECTION USING PITLESS RAILWAY SCALES (A FEASIBILITY STUDY PLAN)
This report presents a feasibility study plan to help establish the practicality of utilizing modified pitless-in-motion rail scale systems to detect faulty railroad car components and component systems. This plan considers detecting critical components and performance conditions such as: lateral and vertical rail forces, defective wheels, brakes and bearings, centerplate friction, consist speed, hunting, creep, rock and roll.
Raskin (SH) CorporationP.O. Box 402426
Dallas, TX United States 75240
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Raskin, S H
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Detection and identification; Detectors; Feasibility analysis; Freight cars; Inspection; Journal bearings; Load cells; Monitoring; Plates (Engineering); Railroad cars; Railroad facilities; Sensors; Strain gages; Weight indicators; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Center plates; Freight car component performance; Freight car inspection; Track scales; Wayside; Wheel defects
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00326380
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79/50 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-8003
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 30 1981 12:00AM