MANHATTAN GARMENT CENTER URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT STUDY. PHASE I. APPENDIX VOLUME III
The report is Appendix Volume III of the Phase I Final Report of the Manhattan Garment Center Urban Goods Movement Study. The environmental effort of this study includes an analysis of the public costs of goods movement in terms of air and noise pollution and accidents. The public costs of goods movement also include an analysis of carbon monoxide emissions; estimation of the health costs of air pollution; ambient noise conditions; and the relationship of vehicular activity and congestion to accident costs in the New York City Garment Center. This report also presents some of the tools developed during the course of this study for the collection of data. The report contains a bibliography that includes previous Garment Center studies as well as a list of readings.
- See also Volume 2, PB81-109274 and Phase 2, PB81-109290. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-109241.
New York City Department of Transportation40 Worth Street
New York, NY United States 10013
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Central business districts; Crashes; Economic analysis; Freight transportation; Health; Highway traffic; Information processing; Pollution; Problem solving; Systems analysis; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Central city; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00326376
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPM-02-80-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30053
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 30 2003 12:00AM