MANHATTAN GARMENT CENTER URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT STUDY. PHASE I. APPENDIX VOLUME II
This report is Appendix Volume II of the Phase I Final Report of the Manhattan Garment Center Urban Goods Movement Study. In this report, the observations made about the difficulties of goods movement in the Garment Center are manifested in the traffic volumes and the characteristics observed, namely, the high traffic volumes (185,000 vehicles traverse the district daily). This report deals with the characteristics of vehicular traffic in the area, including apparel-related and non-apparel related traffic, pedestrian and handcart movements, and their relationship on vehicular activity and congestion. Two graphic models are also presented in this report. The micro model shows the volumes, modes, and times spent per segment of the apparel making process by the typical firm; and the macro model indicates the type and volume of commodities entering, leaving, and circulating within the Center. Costs of the Goods Movement System are also presented, including direct/indirect transportation costs, service costs, and potential cost reductions.
- See also Volume 1, PB81-109266 and Appendix Volume 3, PB81-109282. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-109241.
New York City Department of Transportation40 Worth Street
New York, NY United States 10013
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 179 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Cost estimating; Economic analysis; Estimates; Freight transportation; Highway traffic; Industries; Information processing; Parking facilities; Problem solving; Systems analysis; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Central city; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00326375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPM-02-80-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30053
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 30 2003 12:00AM