MANHATTAN GARMENT CENTER URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT STUDY. PHASE I. APPENDIX VOLUME I
The Appendix Volume I, provides a detailed description of the activities and analyses conducted during Phase I of the Manhattan Garment Center Urban Goods Movement Study. Volume I provides an overview of the Garment Center including goods movement and the apparel industry; basic traits and industry trends of the apparel industry; outward movement of contractors; future trends; and an appendix discussing the Standard Industrial Classification System. The report also discusses the apparel industry questionnaire including method of data collection; summary of observations; general characteristics; location of contractor's facilities; characteristics of freight; and exhibits charting the apparel industry questionnaires. The third part of this volume discusses land use and economic data, including building analysis; zoning; assessed value; employment; rents and vacancy rates; and sample block segments.
- See also Phase 1, PB81-109258 and Appendix Volume 2, PB81-109274. Also available in set of 5 reports PC E99, PB81-109241.
New York City Department of Transportation40 Worth Street
New York, NY United States 10013
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 167 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Commodities; Economic analysis; Freight transportation; Industries; Information processing; Problem solving; Systems analysis; Trend (Statistics); Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: New York (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Central city
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00326374
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPM-02-80-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30053
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 30 2003 12:00AM