RECOMMENDED SHORT-TERM ATC IMPROVEMENTS FOR HELICOPTERS. VOLUME I. SUMMARY OF SHORT-TERM IMPROVEMENTS
A summary report is made of all improvements studied. Improvements are categorized as to those that can be recommended for immediate operational consideration or use and those that require limited short term simulation or test. The recommendations for immediate use include: (1) Helicopter ATC training material, (2) Operational Description of Loran Offshore Flight Following (LOFF), (3) Recommendations concerning military training routes and (4) Survey data for use in Gulf communications and route structure planning. The recommendations for short term simulation include: (1) Dual waypoint holding patterns, (2) other holding patterns and (3) shortened entry procedures for intercepting final approach path.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A089 441.
Automation Industries, Incorporated14000 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD USA 20910
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- VICKERS, T K
- FREUND, D J
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Civil aviation; Flight paths; Helicopters; Loran; Manuals; Offshore structures; Operations; Surveys; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Instructional materials
- Geographic Terms: Gulf of Mexico
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00326341
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-80-88-VOL-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA79WA-4279
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 30 2002 12:00AM