SYSTEMS OPERATION STUDIES FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS: CLASSIFICATION AND DEFINITION OF AGT (AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT) SYSTEMS
The report describes the development of an AGT classification structure. Five classes are defined based on three system characteristics: service type, minimum travelling unit capacity, and maximum operating velocity. The five classes defined are: Personal Rapid Transit (PRT); Small Vehicle Group Rapid Transit (SGRT); Intermediate Vehicle GRT (IGRT); Large Vehicle GRT (LGRT); and Automated Rail Transit (ART). All classes except LGRT and ART are further stratified on the basis of speed, resulting in a total of eight subclasses. Forty-four existing and proposed AGT systems are summarized and used to define ten representative systems in terms of nominal values and ranges of selected characteristics. A summary of the system information compiled and used to complete this task is presented in Appendix A of this report. This report also provides a bibliography, list of text references, and a glossary of terms.
- See also report dated Apr 80, PB80-193386.
General Motors Technical CenterWarren, MI United States 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- LEE, R A
- Alberts, FSA
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Classification; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Personal rapid transit; Railroad facility operations; Rapid transit; Speed limits; Transportation operations; Vehicle design; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Characteristics; Cost analysis; Line capacity; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Classifying; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-50 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1220
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 11 1982 12:00AM