SYSTEMS OPERATION STUDIES FOR AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT SYSTEMS: CLASSIFICATION AND DEFINITION OF AGT (AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT) SYSTEMS
The report describes the development of an AGT classification structure. Five classes are defined based on three system characteristics: service type, minimum travelling unit capacity, and maximum operating velocity. The five classes defined are: Personal Rapid Transit (PRT); Small Vehicle Group Rapid Transit (SGRT); Intermediate Vehicle GRT (IGRT); Large Vehicle GRT (LGRT); and Automated Rail Transit (ART). All classes except LGRT and ART are further stratified on the basis of speed, resulting in a total of eight subclasses. Forty-four existing and proposed AGT systems are summarized and used to define ten representative systems in terms of nominal values and ranges of selected characteristics. A summary of the system information compiled and used to complete this task is presented in Appendix A of this report. This report also provides a bibliography, list of text references, and a glossary of terms.
- See also report dated Apr 80, PB80-193386.
General Motors Technical CenterWarren, MI USA 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- LEE, R A
- Alberts, FSA
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Automatic control; Classification; Cost estimating; Costs; Estimates; Personal rapid transit; Railroad facility operations; Rapid transit; Speed limits; Transportation operations; Vehicle design; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Characteristics; Cost analysis; Line capacity; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Classifying; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00326270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-50 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1220
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 11 1982 12:00AM