CAMDEN COUNTY COORDINATED MASS TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS STUDY. PHASE II
The 1970s set in motion a continuing transportation planning program that would provide an efficient and cost effective system of public transportation services for Camden County. Camden County initiated a systematic planning effort--the Coordinated Mass Transit Systems (CMTS) Study--to analyze the transportation needs of the county residents and subsequently to develop a transportation improvement program. Phase I of the CMTS study was completed in July 1977, and it focused on specific transportation issues such as an assessment of the quality of service; evaluation of public information programs; and the role of the county in public transportation. Phase II work was completed in June 1979. Phase II study, this report, focused on three areas: (1) feasibility of park-n-ride express bus service between the future PATCO Berlin Station site and the Lindenwold Station; (2) analysis of all paratransit services; and (3) analysis of all fixed-route transit services in the county. This report documents the evaluation steps and the recommendations of the CMTS Phase II study. It also contains an Executive Summary that highlights the principal conclusions and recommendations of both Phase I and Phase II study efforts. The CMTS Phase II study has recommended a specific implementable plan to improve mobility in Camden County. The recommendations developed during this study are summarized herein as well as the discussions of each of the three study areas. This study recommended that Camden County establish a program to improve coordination between services operated by municipalities, TNJ (Transport of New Jersey), PATCO, and Social Service Agencies.
- See also Appendices, PB80-216203. Sponsored in part by Camden County Planning Board, NJ.
Simpson and Curtin, Incorporated1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA United States 19102
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; City planning; Costs; Demographics; Economic conditions; Express buses; Feeder buses; Fixed routes; Mobility; Needs assessment; Park and ride; Parking facilities; Passenger service; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Surveying; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Lindenwold Line
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: New Jersey
- Old TRIS Terms: Capitalized costs; Economic surveys; Initiation; Route surveys
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00326248
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-09-0050-80-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 11 1982 12:00AM