LNG: WATER EXPLOSIONS
The report directs attention to a proposed solution of a puzzling problem that has been a cause of concern in the shipment of liquefied natural gas--a type of flameless explosion encountered under certain conditions when liquefied natural gas is spilled into water. The report suggests further research to improve understanding of the phenomenon.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- KATZ, D L
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazardous materials; Liquefied natural gas; Safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00054479
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-11775
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM