ACTION PLAN FOR A NATIONAL NETWORK OF TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH INFORMATION SERVICES (TRISNET)
This report of the TRIS Committee contains thirty-eight recommendations and seven implementation tasks for the development of a national network of transportation research information services. The recommendations cover user requirements, a subsystem for project resumes and document abstracts, a subsystem for document access, network coordination, and financial support for the network. Implementation tasks include a coordinating unit for the network, user conferences, market research and publicity, on-line access, a document access subsystem, development of new services, and service directories.
- See also report dated Nov 72, PB-214 004.
Highway Research Board2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20418
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Information systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Trisnet
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00054478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-00035
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM