SINGLE CAR PERFORMANCE. AC PROPULSION PROJECT
The report presents the testing, demonstration and evaluation of a solid state AC propulsion system on three rapid transit cars. To demonstrate general performance and applicability of the propulsion system, an on-board computer controlled data acquisition system was used to collect performance data. The data were reduced, analyzed, and plotted by computer. The description of the general performance characteristics of the propulsion system is presented in the form of tabular listings and graphs. Some of the areas covered include rolling resistance, acceleration and braking capability, torque output, power consumption, system efficiency, and motor temperatures.
- Prepared by Westinghouse Air Brake Division, Wilmerding, Pa.
Cleveland Transit System1404 East 9th Street
Cleveland, OH United States 44114
- Cymbor, W P
- Smith, R D
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Electric power conditioning; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Traction drives; Vehicle power plants
- Identifier Terms: Cleveland Transit System
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion controls
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00054477
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1981 12:00AM