PASSENGER VEHICLE TIRE INSPECTION EQUIPMENT. VOLUME I. SUMMARY
A nondestructive tire carcass integrity testing technique that is based upon mechanical vibration principles is verified. The testing methodology has been incorporated into a prototype machine capable of performing on-vehicle inspection. Also, a temperature compensated inflation device has been developed that can actually determine what volume of air must be either injected or bled from a tire such that the tire will exhibit a specified cold pressure. This report is composed of two volumes--Volume 1, Summary and Volume II, Technical Report.
- See also HS-805 516 and HS-805 517.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Johnson, J E
- Charbonnet, C R
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Defects; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Inflatable structures; Inspection; Mechanical impedance; Microcomputers; Nondestructive tests; Tires; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Inflating; Media
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00326069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SWRI-02-5080 Final Rpt., HS-805 515
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01693
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 1982 12:00AM