CURRENT AIRCRAFT SURVEY (APPROACH SPEEDS, GROSS WEIGHTS, AND DIMENSIONS)
A survey of current aircraft was conducted to determine the effect of a revision to FAR 97.3. The revision deleted the use of gross weight in categorization of aircraft for instrument approach minimums. Of 237 aircraft types and models of 22 nations surveyed, 180 were not affected by the rule change. Of the affected aircraft, 31 changed from Category D to C, one from D to B, one from D to A, 17 from C to B, three from C to A, and four from B to A. Ten aircraft types have series which fall into two categories.
Oklahoma City, OK USA
- Parr, F
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft; Approach; Height; Length; Surveys; Weight
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00326068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-AFO-500-20
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 2002 12:00AM